- Mana Wāhine Film Award, 2019 Wairoa Māori Film Festival and Women in Film and Television NZ for services to Te Reo me ōna tīkanga Māori in film.
- Medal of Honour, Women in Film and Television NZ 2018 Recognition of founding board member Wellington
- Solid Sister Arts Leadership Award Australia, 2015 winner for working with Māori and Pasifika filmmakers presented in Toronto Canada by Solid Screen Festival Director Jenny Fraser, Curator Cybertribe online/Solid Screen Film Festival.
- ‘SIVA’ 2015 music video Director/Composer Fonoti Pati Umaga winner of Artistic Achievement, Arts Access Aōtearoa 2015 Video Producer: Whetu Fala
- Te Reo Māori Awards NZ, Innovation, 2008
Finalist as Producer for DVD “Raising Bilingual Children – Generation Reo.”
- NZ TV Guide Best on the Box, Best Reality Series, 2007
Finalist as Producer for “Waka Reo – Series 2” television reality series.
- Air NZ Screen Awards, Achievement in Camera Documentary, 2007
Finalist as Producer for “Waka Reo – Series 2” reality television series
- ImagineNative Film Festival Toronto Canada, Best Drama Series, 2001 Winner as writer for “Haka & Siva” for AROHA 6 part television te reo drama series.
- Chapman Trip Theatre Awards Wellington NZ, Best Production, 1995 Winner for “Taki Toru” as a Dancer/Performer Directors: Keri Kaa, Sunny Amey, Jan Bolwell Theatre: Taki Rua
- Canterbury Film Festival, NZ Audience Choice Award, 1992 Winner as Director/Writer of short film “Mokopuna.”
- FACTS Advertising Awards, Australia, Best Commercials, 1991 Commendation for performance as “Mother” in Road Safety TVC DOP: Leon Nareby Director: Gregor Nicholas Producer: Dorthe Schefferman Agency: Jane Byrne
- USA Television Advertising Awards, Gold Mobius, 1990 Winner for Performance as Mother in Road Safety TVC DOP: Leon Nareby Director: Gregor Nicholas Producer: Dorthe Scheffeman Agency: Jane Byrne
- Best Supporting Actor Female Dominion Newspaper, Wellington NZ 1986 Winner for character “Mum” in the play “Kohanga” by Apirana Taylor Director Rangimoana Taylor at Depot Theatre
- Most Promising Debut Actor Female Dominion Newspaper, Wellington NZ 1985 Winner for character “Woman” in the play “Waiting Women” written & directed by Graeme Tetly at Depot Theatre.